Original Art by Amanda Taylor Spiers

I am an artist and stay-at-home mom living in Virginia Beach. I love color, and I love PAINT! I am inspired by places that are full of energy and color. Just some of the things I enjoy painting include the Virginia Beach boardwalk, architecture, nature and my cats. I also love, love, love painting things for children. I am only an artist because my Creator ordained it so, and I owe all of my talent and all of my successes to Him. I consider myself very fortunate to have unique ideas and the ability to do something with them.

The purpose of this blog is give updates on my latest projects! All work shown here is more recent.


If you want to see more of my art go to: www.catinthelapstudio.com

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Surf's Up!

It's time for Surf's Up! 2010 at the Artists Gallery.  This show benefits Surfers Healing Network and the Tidewater Autistic Society of America and features various types of art (including painted surf boards) from local artists.  This year, I rushed to complete my entries before heading out for some southern surf in N. Myrtle Beach.  I was only able to complete two of my three paintings so I have an almost finished "G-narley" at home that I can finish up if there is a buyer interested in a set of three.  I decided to combine my the 24 inch letters that I used for my childrens' art with my collage over acrylic on wood method used on much of my other work.  Not being a surfer myself, I had to look up surfing terms on the "Riptionary" online just to make sure that my recall of surfer slang was authentic.  So here is "J for Jazz the Glass" and "H for Hang Ten".  Both are 24x24 inches combining paper mache' letters, collage papers and acrylic on wood.  $100 for each.




No comments: